Here is the first 20 tips collected from top students, oblation scholars and more. To be continued..
- Begin your preparation a few months before the actual exam. The early bird gets the worm.
- When answering a sample exam, time yourself in order to simulate the exam procedure, so when you face time pressures in the exam it will not be a new experience for you.
- Get into the habit of reading in order to widen your vocabulary, daily.
- Find a study buddy who will track your progress through the review months and weeks.
- Push each other and keep yourselves accountable.
- Create a study schedule and a workspace where you can study and keep review materials.
- Go to bed early before the exam day so you are as well rested as you can be.
- Don’t neglect “old topics” studied long ago in class. Keep your notes neat and tidy as you create them.
- Ask for advice from successful seniors and people who have done your tests before.
- Be resourceful regarding review materials. You’d be surpised at the great resources out there.
- Think positive. Positive vibes only! This test does not define you.
- Visualize yourself acing that exam and you’ll be motivated to review more.
- Know the composition of the tests – the marking schedule and the structure of the test.
- Take a practice “diagnostic” test if you can!
- Familiarize yourself with the question types, so when you face them in the test you will be as used to them as possible.
- Know how to get to your testing room and get a feel for the campus prior to the exam to avoid stress on the day.
- Reward yourself for each study session you do. Maybe allow yourself to watch an episode on Netflix for each hour of study you do.
- Fix your sleeping schedule so your body will be adjusted to the exam time e.g. so you are not sleepy!
- Make memory aids and flash cards. Get your siblings to test you on topics.
- Draw up flashcards, write down notes, create and memory palace. Whatever tools work for you! Find them and utilise them.
Got anymore good tips? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share it with the community!
Get our app!
Google Play – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zookal.zookalsg&hl=en
App Store – http://apple.co/2bAHoUt